LARGEST NUMBER OF COMPETITORS IN A DECADE WITH SOME OF THE BEST HORSES AND RIDERS IN THE WORLD
31 October 2017
Competition entries are confirmed for this year’s Mitsubishi Motors Australian International 3 Day Event, with the largest number of competitors in a decade competing. With 92 competitors including some of the world’s best horses and riders in eventing, the Triathlon of Horse Sport, riders will compete for the biggest prize pool in the Southern Hemisphere at the prestigious 2018 Event.
With a field of amazing riders this year, 92 competitors – there will be 25 riders in the 4*, 15 in the 3* and 52 in the 2*.
“The event is truly an international event. This year we have 9 horses coming from New Zealand, as well as a range of officials from all over the world. Being one of only six events across the world at this highest level of the sport, and the only one held in an inner-city location, the event this year will see officials from Switzerland, Germany, America, UK, NZ and France be a part of the Aus3DE”, says Event Director Belinda Lindh.
- A record number of NZ horses at the event this year, with 9 entered in the 2 and 4 star classes
- Four Olympians riding this year – Stuart Tinney; Amanda Ross; Sonja Johnson; Shane Rose
- Andrew Cooper has 1 horse in the 4*, 1 in the 3* and 2 in the 2*. He is currently the highest ranked Australian event rider in the world, sitting 12th on the FEI Event Rider Rankings.
- Gemma Tinney (Olympian Stuart Tinney’s daughter – see more information below) is competing in her first 4* and will be competing against her Dad)
- Jaimie Stichel is a South Australia rider and has won the Aus Young Rider competition at the event previously. She is having her second attempt at 4* after having a fall during the Cross Country in her first time around in 2014.
A high number of riders are competing in the 4* for the first time, Event Director Belinda Lindh says : ‘the 2 and 3 star categories provide such an amazing opportunity for riders and horses to experience the atmosphere of an International event, providing the pathways to those higher levels of competition”.
Stuart Tinney – https://www.fei.org/athlete/10000148/TINNEY-Stuart#biography
Stuart was also the Chef d’Equipe for the Australian Eventing team at the recent World Equestrian Games in Tryon and is a past winner of Adelaide 4*
Hazel Shannon is a past winner of the MMM International 3DE, winning the 4* in 2016. She is a member of the Generation Next HP squad for Eventing and member of the 2017 Australian Senior Team at the 2017 Oceania Championships.
Gemma Tinney – member of the winning Australian Young Rider Team at the 2017 Oceania Championships. Member of the Generation Next HP squad for Eventing.
Katie Taliana – member of the Generation Next HP squad for Eventing.
- Worked for Zara Phillips in the UK for a number of years
- Purchased one of her two top horses, Trevalgar II, in the UK whilst working for Zara
- Friday Street – OTT thoroughbred purchased here at home and named after the street Katie used to live on in England.
- Runs Taliana Equestrian in the Hawkesbury region of NSW
Amanda Ross – Olympian, reserve for the recent World Equestrian Games team for Eventing
Member of the Generation Next HP squad for Eventing
Emma Mason – member of the Generation Next HP squad for Eventing
- First competed at Adelaide in 2002 when it was a 3*
- Won the CCI2* at Adelaide in 2017 on Warrego Marco Polo
- Emma is a lawyer and juggles her law work with her busy Equestrian business on the Central Coast of NSW.
For more information visit www.australian3de.com.au.
PR & Media Manager
Ph: 0430 360 339